For lunch today we had wild caught smoked salmon and avocado on an English muffin.
- The wild caught smoked salmon was $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
- An English Muffin is 50c
- The avocado works out to 50c per serve.
Today’s gourmet lunch cost $4.00 per serve.
Tonight’s dinner is a play on the traditional ‘Irish’ boiled dinner of corned beef, boiled cabbage and boiled potatoes. Except we’re swapping out the boiled potatoes for Crash Hot Potatoes, and substituting a beet sauerkraut for the cabbage.
Technically we’re staying within the original: potatoes are boiled before being baked, and sauerkraut is cabbage.
Because the corned beef is organic, it has not been treated with sodium nitrate, so it has a more gray appearance than meat treated with nitrates.
- The corned beef came from Whole Foods and was $25.80. We used half for this meal, or $6.45 a serve
- I allowed 55c for potatoes
- Cream, butter and flour run another 50c per serve
- The Wildbrine Red Beet and Red Cabbage salad is $6.99 for the container. We used half or $1.75 a serve.
Tonight’s dinner was a great riff on the standard boiled meal and cost us $9.25 per serve.