A cloudy, overcast day led to a hot lunch, and Quesadilla – well our flatbread variation.
- One flatbread (half of two) costs 50c a serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- A very generous serve of salsa is 20c per serve
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve
Lunch today cost $1.46 per serve.
A chuck steak remained from our March Prather Ranch meet delivery, as did the BBQ sauce left over from April 30th. The recipe says to discard the sauce, but we put it in the refrigerator overnight to harden the fat and make it easy to discard, leaving clean sauce for another meal.
I’ve been meaning to mention. While our Prather Ranch meat is a little more expensive than most, it is dry aged and grass fed, which is a higher quality product.
- 3/4 of a pound of Chuck steak is $7.12, or $3.06 per serve
- The baked beans are $1.49 per can or 75c per serve
- An English muffin is 50c per serve
- We finished off the jar of pickled cauliflower – the jar is $3.99 and there was about 1/4 left, or 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $4.81 per serve and was delicious. The little bit of BBQ sauce left was discarded.