Another gloomy day – it’s early for June gloom – that cleared up late in the day, but at lunch time, something warm was desirable, so it is quesadilla time again. Our variation that is.
- One flatbread (half of two) costs 50c a serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- A very generous serve of salsa is 20c per serve
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve
Lunch today cost $1.46 per serve.
Once again we had Emeril Lagasse’s Stir Fried Beef and Broccoli. This is a very simple dish, but very tasty. We upped the garlic and ginger in the sauce and replaced the honey with sweet chili sauce. We don’t mind a bit of spicy heat!
- The organic broccoli was purchased on special for $1.79 or 80c a serve.
- The beef came from our farm-direct meat delivery as “fajita steak” for a fast cook at $10.35 or $5.18 a seve.
- The ginger and garlic was 28c or 14c per serve
- Pressure cooked rice 92c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $7.04 per serve. Of course with more conventional beef the serve would be more like $4.90.