We experimented with a salad nicoise inspired tuna wrap: dry tuna salad with capers; greens and tomato.
- The flatbread is 50c
- The yellowtail tuna is $2.29 per can, or $1.15 per serve
- We split 1/6 of the $3.99 pack of kumato tomatoes, or 33c per serve
- A similar amount of greens, adds another 33c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.31 per serve
Even though we have lots of meat in the freezer from our current and past Prather Ranch deliveries, tonight we went mostly meat free – just a little bacon for flavor. Cauliflower is a very good substitute for rice. In the past we’ve baked the shredded cauliflower to dry it, but this time we decided to fry it off in the bacon fat (after frying the bacon to perfection). This worked really well and saves heating the house with the oven on a hot afternoon.
A little curry spice replaced ginger – mostly because we are out of ginger – and was definitely an enhancement.
- The organic cauliflower was $3.78 or 95c per serve
- Organic bacon is $8.99 for the pack, but four slices went into the recipe, or 57c per serve.
- Organic eggs are 50c each, and it averages 1.5 eggs per serve, or 75c
- Frozen peas are $2.79 per pack and we used about 1/4 or 35c per serve
- Spices and oil add another 20c per serve
- The shrimp adds $1.50 per serve.
The cauliflower fried rice with shrimp cost $4.32 per serve.