Once again, The Country Deli was calling, and once again Foodie Philip had the 10 oz marinated skirt steak-rare. Served with three eggs, home fries and a bread/bagel, it’s a huge meal.
Foodie Greg’s pastrami sandwich was likewise excellent, although he was thankful he ordered a half!
Lunch at the Country Deli runs out around $20 a serve with tax and tip.
A late change of plans away from left-over Cauliflower Fried Rice – which will come later – found us smoking some of the Prather Ranch Pork Sausages, with a mango, cucumber and feta salad of Greg’s invention.
Unfortunately the Whole Foods mango was completely devoid of flavor, which dragged down the whole meal. The sausages had a slight smoky flavor and were great.
- The sausages $12.86 for two packs, or $3.22 per serve for the best pork sausages we’ve ever had, even better with a little smoke.
- The tasteless Whole Foods mango was $1.99 or $1.00 a serve
- 1 lb of Persian cucumbers was $1.99, of which half went into this meal, or 50c per serve
- The green olives add another 40c per serve
- Feta comes in a $6.99 tub and we used about half, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 10c for seasonings and oil.
Dinner tonight cost $6.97 per serve, and would have been awesome if the mango had flavor!