With no chicken this week, and not wanting the gyro meat wrap two days in a row, we opted for smoked salmon on an onion bagel, with capers, tomato and cucumber as a closed sandwich. The tomato makes it a little wet, so we’ll likely drop that in the future.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3 a serve
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Cream cheese is about 60c a serve
- We split 1/6 of the $3.99 pack of kumato tomatoes, or 33c per serve
- 1 lb of Persian cucumbers was $1.99, of which one went into this meal, or 12c per serve
- Add 5c for capers.
Lunch today cost $4.43 per serve.
Thursday night steak night! Tonight a Prather Ranch Rib Eye with a Creamy Gorgonzola Gnocchi, although we substituted Trader Joe’s Crumbled Blue Cheese for the Gorgonzola, because we couldn’t buy any at the regular outlets today.
The Rib Eye was grilled to perfection (well, blue for us) on our cast iron griddle on the induction cooktop. That’s a perfect combination.
The creamy blue cheese sauce with asparagus and peas was pretty damned good!
- The Rib Eye was $18.79 or $9.35 a serve
- The gnocchi was $1.69 or 57c per serve
- The half pint of cream is $1.99 or 67c per serve
- The asparagus was $2.99 but we only used half, or 50c per serve
- The crumbled blue was $3.49 for the container. We used half or 58c per serve.
Dinner tonight was definitely restaurant worthy and cost $11.67 per serve.