Back to our standby lunch: chicken wraps, but with avocado instead of hummus today.
- The $10.99 chicken is broken into quarters, and one breast is shared for lunch wraps, or $1.37 a serve.
- The flatbread is 50c
- The avocado was 99c or 50c per serve
- The edamame side salad is $2.46 for four serves, or 62c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.99.
Jamie Oliver’s Crunchy Thai Salad was a favorite of ours a few years back, but we haven’t had it for a while, largely because it makes too much salad! We simplified a little, leaving out the bock choy and cilantro, but added Chili Lime Cashews for a little extra crunch.
We added pan seared Ahi Tuna on top.
- 12oz of frozen Ahi Tuna $6.15 for two filets. We shared one filet which works out to $1.54 per serve
- Sugar snap peas are $2.49 and we used half, or 63c per serve
- Mint is $1.79 or 30c per serve
- Soba noodles – yes Japanese noodles in a Thai dish, don’t be hating – are $3.59 per pack, and we used half, or 90c per serve
- An organic bell pepper was $1.63 and we used half, or 41c per serve
- Mung beans sprints are $1.49 and we used a tiny fraction, or 10c per serve
- A Persian cucumber is 30c, or 15c per serve
- Green onions cost 79c for the bunch and we used about 1/3 or 14c per serve
- A Napa cabbage is $1.54. We halved it, but served less than 1/4 of what was shredded so our worm farm got a good feed, or 10c per serve
- Add 30c for the dressing ingredients
- We used about 1/4 of the $6.99 pack of Chili Lime Cashews, or $1.17 per serve.
This is an amazing salad, and the tuna was good quality for the price. Dinner tonight cost $5.74. It’s a huge meal and neither of us completely finished the serving.