Back to our standby lunch: chicken wraps.
- The $7.99 chicken is broken into quarters, and one breast is shared for lunch wraps, or $1.00 a serve.
- The flatbread is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- The tabouli salad is $1.68 for four serves, or 42c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.25.
Time to revisit a recipe we haven’t had for a very long time: Coconut Fish Curry. Instead of rice, which would be more traditional, we chose Naan bread for dipping into the delicious liquid. Even though it is culturally inappropriate, it works really well.
We made up a half batch of the recipe, since there are only two of us.
- We buy the cod filets frozen: 7 pieces for $11.99 or $1.71 per piece/serve
- Organic coconut milk cost $1.69 or 85c per serve
- For ginger, onion and garlic add 23c per serve
- The baby cherry tomatoes were $3.99. We used 1/3 or 67c per serve
- An organic bell pepper was $1.63 or 82c per serve
- For lemon and other seasonings add another 20c per serve
- Two pieces of Naan cost $2.50 or $1.25 per serve.
This soup is really worth it. It has a great balance of sour and sweet and a lot of flavor from the curry seasonings for $5.73 per serve.