Back to our standby lunch of chicken wraps because we’d been working around the house and didn’t have time for anything else.
- The $7.99 chicken is broken into quarters, and one breast is shared for lunch wraps, or $1.00 a serve.
- The flatbread is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- The tabouli salad is $1.68 for four serves, or 42c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.25.
We had a cross rib steak remaining from last months’ Prather Ranch meat delivery, so why not a massaman curry. We had a cross rib roast last month so we knew it would work in the massaman.
Because we’re rebels, we didn’t cut it into chunks, but simmered it in two halves after frying it off for some mayard reaction. We also simplified the recipe by using a massaman curry mix instead of kaffir lime, cinnamon, tamarind, fish sauce and chili.
- The cross rib steak was $6.55 or $3.28 per serve
- The can of massaman curry mix is $4.30 or $2.15 per serve
- Plain peanuts are in limited supply in this part of the world, with a jar costing $2.99, of which we used around 1/5, or 30c per serve
- Three small potatoes each cost 55c per serve
- Coconut cream is $1.49 per can, or 75c per serve
- Rice adds another 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight was $7.53 per serve, but should count for slightly less as Foodie Greg finished the remains for lunch next day.