Once we determined we would be traveling to Lowes to pick up some renovation supplies, stopping at the Country Deli on the way, was an easy decision.
Lunch at the Country Deli tends to average around $20.00 per serve with tax and tip.
After the ‘steak and eggs’ lunch at the deli, we balanced it out with tuna and salad in the evening. Foodie Greg is on a quest to find salads that don’t revolve around lettuce, or leafy greens, as their foundation. Tonight’s was an excellent combination, and used up some more of that excellent Valbreso feta.
- The feta is $9.99 for a 600g tin, of which we used 1/6, or 83c per serve
- The tuna steaks were $7.19 for the two, or $3.60 a serve
- A box of Persian cucumbers was $2.49, and we used about half, or 63c per serve
- The pack of organic sugar-snap peas was slightly too much, but we used it all, or $1.65 per serve
- Organic Mint was $1.99 but only half was used, or 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight was quick, easy and tasty for $7.21 per serve.