Time for something a little different: an onion bagel with liverwurst on one half, avocado and Canadian bacon on the other.
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 33c per serve
- We used about 1/3 of the $3.20 liverwurst, or 55c a serve
- We used half the $1.49 avocado, or 38c per serve
- We purchased $5.90 of Canadian bacon, but ate about 1/4 for lunch yesterday and 1/8 today, or 37c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.63 per serve.
A simple meal of supermarket roast chicken with a salad of chick pea, tomato, cucumber, olive and feta. Frankly the chick peas are boring, but the heirloom tomato and quality feta made up for it. We actively shop for Valbreso feta, which is imported from France.
- The $7.99 chicken is broken into quarters, or $2.00 per serve
- The can of beans was 89c or 45c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $2.54, or $1.27 per serve
- The cucumber was 60c or 30c per serve
- The feta is $9.99 for a 600g tin, of which we used 1/6, or 83c per serve.
Dinner tonight was better than you’d expect for the simple ingredients and cost $4.85 per serve.