No roasted chicken available at the supermarket, so we opted for pre-cooked, pre-sliced turkey breast, with the left over Edamame, Quinoa and feta salad.
- The flatbread is 50c
- The turkey breast is $5.99 a pack, and we used half, or $1.50 per serve
- The edamame salad was $1.36 per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve.
Lunch today cost $3.69 per serve, although there was way too much salad for the wrap, but it was delicious.
Since wild caught, sockeye salmon was on special we decided to build a meal around it, by modifying a ‘rice bowl’ recipe, which is a simple red (Spanish) rice base, with a cucumber and avocado topping. The avocado and cucumber were ‘marinated’ in rice wine vinegar, which enhanced the cucumber flavor and counterbalanced the fat in the avocado.
The salmon was pan seared to crispen the skin, then finished in a hot over to cook the salmon. A little teriyaki was added to the pan just before serving.
- The salmon was on special for $9.47, or $4.73 per serve
- The red rice is $3.49 a pack, or 58c per serve
- Two avocado’s were $2.58 but we used only one, or 65c per serve
- A box of Persian cucumbers was $2.49, and we used 1/4, or 32c per serve
- Add 15c for rice wine vinegar and teriyaki sauce.
Dinner tonight cost $6.43 per serve.