Another Burbank Monday, and In and Out Burger for Foodie Philip. Foodie Greg had left-over rissoles and salad already accounted for.
Lunch today cost $4.03 with tax.
Because Quinoa puffs up so much during cooking, we had a lot left over from the salad last night. Since we’d enjoyed a Cauliflower ‘fried rice’ in the past a similar experiment with quinoa seemed like a good idea.
It was a good idea. Very tasty. Three generous serves resulted.
- We purchased about half a pound of quinoa for $3.01 but used the 3/4 left, or 75c per serve
- Five organic eggs are 50c each, or 83c per serve
- Bacon ends and pieces are $3.49 per pack. We used about 30% of the container or 35c per serve
- Frozen peas are $2.79 per pack and we used about 1/3 or 31c per serve
- Onion, ginger, spring onion, soy and other ingredients add another 45c per serve.
Dinner tonight was very tasty and filling for $2.69 per serve.