Another gyro meat wrap.
- Each slide of the cooked gyro meat is $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $3.50.
New York strip steak from our Prather Ranch delivery, with slow cooked broccoli. The broccoli takes on an entirely different character when slow cooked with onion, and the feta added at the end adds a creamy overlay while the red pepper flakes give it an appealing heat.
You’ll notice the rash of feta-based recipes. Once the Valbreso tin is opened, it needs to be used before it goes off. That’s a possible downside of truly natural ingredients: they will spoil.
- Dry aged NY Strip Steak is $20.47 or $10.24 per serve
- The broccoli was $1.50 or 75c per serve
- Onion and red pepper flakes add about 10c per serve
- The Valbreso feta is $9.99 for a 600g tin, of which we used 1/6, or 83c per serve.
Dinner tonight was a great balance and cost $11.92. You should give the slow cooked broccoli a try, even if you think you don’t like broccoli.