Another visit to a recommended Mexican take-out in Chatsworth to explore their menu. We mixed it up by buying a carnitas burrito and carnitas chimichanga. Deep frying doesn’t add anything positive to the taste or texture!
Lunch today was $7.00 a serve with tax and tip.
On what we hope is the last night of this particular heat wave, a salad was definitely called for, and what better than a Cobb?
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack and we used about 1/3 or 58c per serve.
- You can tell by the deep gold yolk that these are pastured eggs: 50c each -one per serve – but worth it for the taste.
- Avocados are 65c per serve.
- Bacon ends and pieces is $3.49 per pack. We used about 20% of the container or 35c per serve
- The turkey breast is $5.99 a pack, and we used the second half, or $1.50 per serve
- The organic baby plum tomatoes were $2.79 for the pack or $1.40 per serve.
- Add 10c for the greens.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad cost $5.08 per serve.