For no other reason than we felt like it, we decided to have lunch at the Country Deli down the road in Chatsworth.
Lunch at the Country Deli is $20.00 per serve with tax and tip.
Since we had some ground pork left in the Prather Ranch delivery we decided to do a repeat of the Stir Fried Shanghai Noodles with Ground Pork and Cabbage, which makes four generous serves.
The mung bean sprouts add a nice crunch and a refreshing wetness.
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1.08 lb of ground pork cost $9.60 or $2.40 per serve
- The pre-cooked organic noodles retail for $3.19 or 80c per serve
- The various seasonings add around 30c per serve
- The mung bean sprouts are $1.49 and we used 1/3 or 50c per serve.
- The napa cabbage cost 79c or 20 per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $4.20 per serve for a filling and very tasty dish.