Time for a supermarket roast chicken and that means wraps!
- The $9.99 colossal (large) chicken is broken into quarters, and 2/3 of one breast used for the wraps, or 83c per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- The edamame salad is $3.28 for four serves, or 82c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.48.
Foodie Greg was in the mood for something “eggy” so a ham and cheese frittata with peppers and parsley was on the menu. The trick to a good frittata is to finish it under a grill.
The recipe makes four serves
- 5 eggs in the dish is 1.25 eggs per serve or 63c per serve
- A bell pepper is 99c or 25c per serve
- A pint of half and half is $2.19 but only 4oz is used, or 14c per serve
- Diced ham was $2.99 a pack, or 75c per serve
- Add 15c for onion and parsley.
Dinner tonight cost $1.92 per serve.