Finishing up in Burbank at lunch time, not far from Popeye’s led to the inevitable: fried chicken take out. It’s only 20 minutes home.
- Eight pieces of chicken were $9.99, but that makes four serves in all, making each serve $2.50
- The large Red beans and rice was $3.99 and we shared that for $2 a serve.
Lunch was $4.50 a serve.
Top sirloin with a Thai salad. Foodie Greg had been wanting to try this Thai Sweet Chili Dressing, which we paired with a variation on Jamie Oliver’s Crunch Thai Salad. Mostly we just left stuff out of the salad, and even then it made four very generous serves, two of which are waiting to be eaten.
- 0.8lb of Top Sirloin is $11.43 or $5.72 per serve. Because it is dry aged, we – once again – cooked to blue.
- Sugar snap peas are $2.49 and we used half, or 63c per serve
- Mint is $1.79 or 30c per serve
- An organic bell pepper was $1.63 and we used half, or 41c per serve
- Mung beans sprints are $1.49 and we used a tiny fraction, or 10c per serve
- A Persian cucumber is 30c, or 15c per serve
- Green onions cost 79c for the bunch and we used about 1/3 or 14c per serve
- Add 45c for the dressing ingredients
- We used about 1/4 of the $6.99 pack of Chili Lime Cashews, or $1.17 per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $8.47, and was way too much tasty food for us.