Although it was a Burbank Monday, various scheduling changes made it necessary to ‘brown bag’ it. Why not a smoked salmon bagel?
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3 a serve
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Cream cheese is about 60c a serve
- 1 lb of Persian cucumbers was $1.99, of which one went into this meal, or 12c per serve
- Add 5c for capers.
Lunch today cost $4.10 per serve.
When your meat delivery from last month still includes ground beef, why not meatloaf? This time paired with Gnocchi in a cream and gorgonzola sauce, with asparagus and peas. We substituted blue cheese for gorgonzola because we had it available.
The meatloaf and gnocchi will do two meals: four serves in total.
- 2 lbs of dry aged ground beef were $18.08 or $4.52 per serve.
- Onion and seasonings add 25c per serve
- The gnocchi was $1.68 from Trader Joes, or 42c per serve
- Chopped and trimmed asparagus was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Peas were $1.39 or 35c per serve
- Blue cheese comes in a $6.99 tub, but we used so little, it comes to 22c a serve.
Dinner tonight cost $6.34 a serve.