An ’emergency’ trip to Lowes to replace our bird bath (a planter saucer) put The Country Deli on the way there, so why not stop and have brunch.
Lunch at The Country Deli runs about $20 per server, with tax and tip.
Time to use up the remaining Popeye’s Fried Chicken, along with some home-made Red Beans from the freezer.
- Eight pieces of chicken were $9.99, but that makes four serves in all, making each serve $2.50
- Onion, oil and garlic and seasonings about 15c per serve
- Each can of organic beans was 99c and we used three, or 50c per serve
- Instead of andouille sausage, we used a Kroger Simple Truth Lightly Smoked Sausage for $2.99 or 50c a serve
- Chicken broth $2.29 or 38c a serve
- And the rice: 33c a serve.
Dinner tonight was quick, tasty and cost $4.36 per serve.