A new alternative to the supermarket chicken is sliced pastrami. Today with swiss cheese, sauerkraut and grain mustard on an English muffin.
- The muffin is 50c
- The slice pastrami is $4.99 per pack, but we used less than 1/4 or 63c per serve
- The sliced Swiss cheese is $3.99 per 12oz pack, or 50c per serve
- The sauerkraut is $6.99 for the container. We used one eight or 44c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.07 per serve.
Dinner tonight was a repeat of the Meatloaf and Gorgonzola Gnocchi.
- 2 lbs of dry aged ground beef were $18.08 or $4.52 per serve.
- Onion and seasonings add 25c per serve
- The gnocchi was $1.68 from Trader Joes, or 42c per serve
- Chopped and trimmed asparagus was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Peas were $1.39 or 35c per serve
- Blue cheese comes in a $6.99 tub, but we used so little, it comes to 22c a serve.
Dinner tonight cost $6.34 a serve.