We were shooting another Lunch with Philip and Greg and our guest chose Sushi Roku in Pasadena. The atmosphere was appropriate, and the food – especially the eggplant in our bento boxes – was excellent.
Lunch was $19.60 per serve, with tax and tip.
We had some cross-rib steaks in our freezer and decided to make a ‘beef and burgundy’ style casserole. It was partially successful, but lacked a lot of the depth of a real beef and burgundy.
- The .69 lb cross rib steak was $5.98, or $2.99 per serve
- A packet of frozen pearl onions is $1.69 for a 16oz pack, but we used the last quarter, or 21c per serve
- We used the second half of the baby bella mushrooms from the kebabs: $2.49 or 63c per serve
- One cup of red wine is around $1.33 or 67c a serve
- Egg noodles are $1.99 for the pack, but we only used half, or 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight could have had a bit more flavor. It was okay, but lacking excitement, for $5.00 per serve.