We were in Burbank. We were buying something at Ikea. Having lunch there was inevitable!
Swedish Meatball lunch, with soup and drink, is $9.30 with tax.
As an antidote to meatball overload, we opted for Ratatouille for dinner. It probably breaks a French law but we cooked in duck fat, not olive oil. I’m good with breaking that law!
We scaled the recipe down, and used many of the leftovers from our kebabs. The recipe makes about six serves.
- Two bell peppers were $2.63 but we used only one, or 22c per serve
- Baby bella mushrooms were $2.49 but we used the second half or 21c per serve
- The eggplant was $3.06 and we used the remaining 3/4, or 25c per serve
- .46 lb of roma tomatoes cost $1.76, or 30c per serve
- Zucchini squash was 69c or 12c per serve
- Organic eggs are 50c each. Foodie Philip had two, Greg one, or an average of 75c per serve
- Add 45c for garlic, onion and herbs
- An English muffin is 50c.
Tonight’s dinner was delicious, although a little salt was needed that wasn’t included in the recipe. At $2.80 it’s a great way to feed a crowd.