A return to the gyro meat wrap with the addition of cucumber, as it was so good in a wrap.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- A box of Persian cucumbers was $2.49 for five, and we used one, or 25c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.75.
A return to a favorite: Filet Americain or Belgian style tartar.
This is the same recipe we prepared last Saturday, although we prepared less this time. We paired it with crip bread and a cucumber, edamame and avocado mix marinated in rice wine vinegar.
- The Sirloin was sourced locally for $14.03 for 1.17 lb, or $4.67 per serve
- The shallot added 98c or 17c per serve
- Mayonnaise cost $3.49 for the jar, and 1/5 was used, or 12c per serve
- Worcestershire sauce is $4.13 per jar but only two tablespoons (not four) were used which works out to 5c per serve.
- Similarly mustard adds 7c per serve.
- The crisp bread comes in a pack of 8 for $2.99 or $1.13 each
- Our side salad cost an additional 45c to prepare.
Dinner tonight cost $6.66 per serve.