A return to the gyro meat wrap. We ran out of cucumber!
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
Thursday night is, by tradition, ‘steak night’. We interpret it very loosely but tonight NY Strip is definitely steak! Paired with the last of the ratatouille and one (or two) organic eggs, it is essential steak, eggs and cooked tomato!
As usual we prepared the steak ‘blue’ – essentially uncooked in the middle – because the aged beef is tender that way and, since it’s not concentrated feed lot beef, it’s safe that way.
- The steak was from our Prather Ranch delivery: just under 12 oz for $19.45 or $9.76 per serve
- The ratatouille was $2.05 per serve (details on Aug 12)
- Each pastured egg is 50c or an average of 75c per serve tonight.
Dinner tonight cost $12.56 and reminds me that we do pay a premium for pastured eggs and grass raised beef, but it’s important to us that the animals that contribute to our feed – with their lives frequently – should have a good life. We also appreciate the improved flavor in the steak and eggs.