After a morning of yard work, The Country Deli was calling. Foodie Philip had his usual marinated skirt steak, eggs and home fried potato; foodie Greg had a half pastrami sandwich with steak fries.
Lunch at The Country Deli runs around $20 per serve with tax and tip.
When you have left over baguette, how better to use it than Alton Brown’s panzanella salad. Because we used arugula instead of romaine lettuce, we dropped the mint. The arugula served as both green and herb.
- 1/4 of the $2.69 baguette went to each serve or 68c
- The bacon came from Prather Ranch on special at $9.00 for 12 oz and we used about half, or $2.25 per serve
- The wild arugula was $1.99 but we use about 1/3 or 33c per serve
- Organic plum tomatoes were $2.99 but only half was left or 75c per serve
- Add 15c for the oil and vinegar in the dressing.
Dinner tonight was a refreshing summer salad at $4.16 per serve.