A return to the gyro meat wrap but with cucumber because it adds a nice, wet crunch to the wrap.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- A box of Persian cucumbers was $2.49 for five, and we used one, or 25c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.75.
How many ways can we use pulled pork? How about our version of a Quesadilla made with flat bread.
- One flatbread (half of two) costs 50c a serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- A very generous serve of salsa is 20c per serve
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve
- Add 5c for the onion
- The pork but was $20.41 or $3.40 per serve, but we only used half a serve in the quesadilla or $1.70.
Dinner tonight cost $3.21. The pickled onions provide a fresh, slightly acid crunch that perfectly offsets the fattiness of the pork.