A reuben inspired English muffin.
- An English muffin is 50c
- The slice pastrami is $4.99 per pack, but we used less than 1/4 or 63c per serve
- The sliced Swiss cheese is $3.99 per 12oz pack, or 50c per serve
- The sauerkraut is $6.99 for the container. We used one eight or 44c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.07 per serve.
A hot day sent us in the direction of salads, and tonight we revisited Succotash salad. Cooked edamame and frozen roast corn came from Trader Joes, as did the tomatoes and feta. Preparation is as complex as cutting the tomatoes, rinsing the corn (to defrost) and mixing everything together.
It’s a perfect pairing for the smoked pork sausages (from our Prather Ranch delivery) because it provides a sweet, wet and crunchy alternative to the smokey saltiness of the sausages.
- The pork sausages are $6.28 for four, or $3.14 per serve
- The roast corn kernels are $2.49 for the pack, but we used only 1/3 or 42c per serve
- Pre-cooked and shelled edamame is also $2.49 per pack, but we used half or 63c per serve
- Organic cherry tomatoes are $2.99 per pack, but again only 1/3 was used, or 50c per serve
- The greek feta is $6.49 for four blocks, and we used half of one block in this salad, or 41c per serve.
Dinner tonight was $5.10 per serve and a great balance between smokey, salty sausage and crisp, fresh succotash.