A return to the gyro meat wrap, and again with cucumber because it adds a nice, wet crunch to the wrap.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- A box of Persian cucumbers was $2.49 for five, and we used half, or 13c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.43.
On a hot summer night, it’s hard to find a combination that’s tasty and doesn’t generate too much heat. Pan seared scallops with a butter ponzu sauce accompanied by a tasty Avocado, Mango and Arugula salad , seemed like it might fit the bill. No ponzu, so soy substituted. Ponzu is better.
- The pack of frozen scallops was $14.99 or $7.50 per serve
- A mangos was 99c or 50c per serve
- Two avocados were $1.67 or 84c per serve
- Add 25c for butter and soy.
Dinner tonight was, as this dish always is, extremely tasty and cost $9.09 per serve.