We decided to eat out and The Country Deli was our choice, particularly because Foodie Philip wanted the skirt steak. Again. Foodie Greg had a Reuben.
With tax and tip The Country Deli works out at around $22 a serve.
The remaining roast chicken from our supermarket chicken formed the protein component of the meal. We accompanied the meat with a quinoa pilaf, which was okay. The recipe made at least three serves.
- The BBQ chicken was $6.99 or $1.75 per serve
- We purchased about half a pound of quinoa for $3.01, but we only used around half or 50c per serve
- The bell pepper was 99c or 30c per serve.
- White wine adds 40c per serve
- The stock adds another 24c per serve
- The mint came from the garden
- Of the pack of eight cucumbers costing $2.48, we used one for this meal or 16c per serve
- The almonds are $6.99 a pack but we used 1/10th or 23c per serve.
Dinner tonight was $3.58 per serve. It had a variety of textures and flavor but the quinoa does not make as good a pilaf as does the classic of white rice.