For lunch today we had supermarket sushi from Whole Foods, which was pretty good.
Lunch today cost $9.34 per serve.
We had Beef Short Ribs remaining from an earlier Prather Ranch delivery. We’d been postponing cooking them because a braise usually means an oven, and an oven means heat. Finally it was cool enough to give them a try.
We paired them with a goat’s cheese polenta mix and broccolini for some green.
- Two pounds of Short Ribs cost $17.12 with bones, or $8.56 per serve
- The broccolini cost $2.50 or $1.25 per serve
- The 10 grain ‘hot cereal’ is $5.99 for a 25oz pack, but we used about 1/8 or 38c per serve.
- Two carrots cost 61c or 31c per serve
- 4oz of goat’s cheese cost $3.99 or $2.00 a serve
- A cup of red wine costs 80c or 40c per serve
- Bacon ends cost $4.99 for the container, but this recipe used about 1/2 of that, or 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $13.40 for a very generous serve.