A return to the gyro meat wrap, and again with cucumber because it adds a nice, wet crunch to the wrap.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- A box of Persian cucumbers was $2.49 for five, and we used half, or 13c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.43.
Once again we had Emeril Lagasse’s Stir Fried Beef and Broccoli using our Prather Ranch ‘fajita’ beef. This is a very simple dish, but very tasty. We upped the garlic and ginger in the sauce and replaced the honey with sweet chili sauce. We don’t mind a bit of spicy heat!
- The broccoli florets where $2.99 or $1.50 a serve.
- The beef came from our farm-direct meat delivery as ‘fajita steak’ for a fast cook at $9.93 or $4.97 a seve.
- The ginger and garlic was 28c or 14c per serve
- Pressure cooked red rice 92c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $7.53 per serve.