Since Foodie Philip was in Burbank around lunch time, he picked up some Popeye’s Fried Chicken to take home.
- Eight pieces of dark and spicy chicken are $9.99 plus tax, or $2.72 per serve
- A large Red Beans and Rice side is $3.99 plus tax or $2.18 per serve.
Lunch today cost $4.90 per serve. It seems a little out of balance that the protein – from a previously living animal – is only slightly more expensive than a bean dish.
The advantage of a skillet meal is that there is only one cooking pot to wash up. Or when it does a double meal, none to wash up today!
Even with the good French lentils and Trader Joe’s Octoberfest Bratwurst, the Kale, Sausage and Lentil skillet was an average meal that didn’t live up to the flavor potential.
- The Oktoberfest bratwurst was $3.49 for 4, or 88c per serve
- One and a half cups of red wine costs $1.20 or 30c per serve
- Organic baby Kale was $2.99 or 75c per serve
- The French lentils are $5.98 for a two pack, or 25c per serve
- Add 25c for onion, garlic and seasoning.
Dinner tonight was nutritious and cost $2.43 per serve. For the repeat, we’ll be exploring flavor enhancements.