For some variety we created a new wrap featuring sliced ham, with a mix-up salad from Ralph’s and sour cream for the sealant layer. It was pretty good. We’ll have it tomorrow as well!
- The wholemeal wrap is 50c
- The $3.99 salad kit will do six serves, or 67c per serve
- The ham was also $3.99 and will do four serves, or $1.00 per serve
- 16oz of sour cream are $3.79 but we used about 1oz per serve, or 24c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.41 per serve.
With cooler weather upon us, and some stew meat from our Prather Ranch delivery, a Massaman curry really hit the spot. We got four serves from today’s recipe
- The cross rib steaks were $6.64 each or $3.32 per serve
- The can of massaman curry mix is $4.30 or $1.08 per serve
- Plain peanuts are in limited supply in this part of the world, with a jar costing $2.99, of which we used around 1/5, or 20c per serve
- Three small potatoes each cost 55c per serve
- Coconut cream is $1.49 per can, or 38c per serve
- A packet of frozen pearl onions is $1.69 for a 16oz pack, but we used the last quarter, or 21c per serve
- Rice adds another 50c per serve.
Tonight’s delicious and warming Massaman curry cost $6.24 per serve.