A return to the gyro meat wrap, but without cucumber because we didn’t have any!
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
We returned to the delicious Reuben casserole because we still had three serves left.
- Six slices of rye bread are roughly half the $1.99 loaf, or 17c per serve
- The pastrami was $4.99 for the pack or 83c per serve
- Trader Joe’s have a Sauerkraut with Persian Cucumbers which combines two ingredients for $3.99 a jar, or 67c per serve.
- Packaged, shredded Swiss & Gryere $4.99 or 83c per serve. Although we used the full packet, it was probably closer to three cups than four.
- A pint of half and half is $1.49 and half was used or 13c per serve.
- Organic eggs are 50c each or 25c per serve.
- We skipped the caraway seeds for taste reasons but the mustard adds another 15c per serve.
Dinner tonight was, as always, delicious and cost $3.03 per serve. If you like a Reuben sandwich, you will love this casserole.