An unusual Burbank Monday schedule but Foodie Philip was still at In and Out Burger for his Double Double Animal Style. Foodie Greg finished the Quinoa Chowder.
Lunch today cost $4.03 per serve
Another meal with the delicious Reuben casserole. We purchased some pastrami from Trader Joes, which works well. The recipe makes six serves
Don’t tell Foodie Greg but this is a savory bread pudding (he’s not a fan of ‘bread pudding’). Let’s pretend it’s a strata!
- Six slices of rye bread are roughly half the $1.99 loaf, or 17c per serve
- The pastrami was $4.99 for the pack or 83c per serve
- Trader Joe’s have a Sauerkraut with Persian Cucumbers which combines two ingredients for $3.99 a jar, or 67c per serve.
- Packaged, shredded Swiss & Gryere $4.99 or 83c per serve. Although we used the full packet, it was probably closer to three cups than four.
- A pint of half and half is $1.49 and half was used or 13c per serve.
- Organic eggs are 50c each or 25c per serve.
- We skipped the caraway seeds for taste reasons but the mustard adds another 15c per serve.
Dinner tonight was, as always, delicious and cost $3.03 per serve. If you like a Reuben sandwich, you will love this casserole.