For lunch today we had supermarket sushi from Whole Foods, which was pretty good. The Firecracker Roll is a favorite.
Lunch today cost $8.84 per serve.
There was another pork shoulder (aka Boston butt) in our Prather Ranch meat delivery, so why not makes some pulled pork? We paired it with some apple slaw – basically a broccoli slaw with Granny Smith apple added.
The pork looks like it will make five or six meal portions, perhaps more as lunch wrap portions. The apple and broccoli slaw made four portions.
- The pork but was $20.77 or $3.46 per serve
- Chicken stock adds about 14c per serve
- Onion and garlic adds about 15c per serve
- The broccoli slaw was $1.69 or 12 oz, but we used only half or 21c per serve
- The Granny Smith apple was 82c or 17c per serve
- The onion cost $1.29 and the grapefruit $2.50 for 8 serves, or 48c per serve.
Dinner tonight was very tasty and cost $4.46 per serve. The apple slaw perfectly offsets the slight fattiness of the pork.