We shared lunch with a friend who cooked griddle fried zucchini and shaved potato with fried egg. Delicious and supplied by our friend.
There is another two serves of the meatloaf and four more of the mashed potato, so we did a repeat of the meatloaf.
The mushroom gravy is pre-prepared, but we sautéed some porcini mushrooms and added them to the gravy to amp the flavor up.
- 2 lbs of dry aged ground beef were $17.55 or $4.39 per serve.
- Onion and seasonings add 25c per serve
- Potatoes were $3.21 or 54c per serve
- Baby kale was $1.69 for the pack, or 28c per serve
- The mushrooms were $2.79 or 70c per serve
- The gravy was $1.69 or 43c per serve.
Dinner tonight was definitely a better meatloaf than we’ve had in diners, and only $6.59 for a bigger-than-normal serve.