We decided on our take on a quesadilla for lunch.
- One flatbread (half of two) costs 50c a serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- A very generous serve of salsa is 20c per serve
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve
Lunch today cost $1.46 per serve.
The mushroom gravy is pre-prepared, but we sautéed some porcini mushrooms and added them to the gravy to amp the flavor up.
- 2 lbs of dry aged ground beef were $17.55 or $4.39 per serve.
- Onion and seasonings add 25c per serve
- Potatoes were $3.21 or 54c per serve
- Baby kale was $1.69 for the pack, or 28c per serve
- The mushrooms were $2.79 or 70c per serve
- The gravy was $1.69 or 43c per serve.
Dinner tonight was definitely a better meatloaf than we’ve had in diners, and only $6.59 for a bigger-than-normal serve.