A repeat of yeros wraps.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
The remainder of the pulled pork beckoned. We chose to go Cuban with black beans, rice and ceviche onion. The onion is a perfect foil for the pulled pork, bringing a fresh, crunchy crispness to the meal the other ingredients don’t have.
- The pork but was $20.77 or $3.46 per serve
- A can of black beans costs 99c or 50c per serve
- The onion cost $1.29 and the grapefruit $2.50 for 8 serves, or 48c per serve
- The rice adds 33c per serve.
Dinner tonight was very tasty and cost $4.77 a serve. Our home made pulled pork is definitely among the best we’ve tasted, particularly since it doesn’t get lost in a sweet, smokey BBQ sauce as we serve it only with the cooking liquid.