We had to go to Lowes, which takes us right past The Country Deli, so that’s where we had lunch.
Lunch at The Country Deli averages $21 per serve with tax and tip.
Tonight we had the rest of the butternut squash, bacon and smokey cheese version of Pioneer Woman’s Easy Chilli Rellenos.
- The pre-cut butternut squash was $1.99 for a 12oz pack or $1 per serve
- We used half the $2.84 pack of ‘Dutch smoked cheese’ (not Gouda!) or 71c per serve
- Eggs are 50c each or $1.25 per serve
- We used bacon ends and pieces where the pack was $3.49 but we used about 1/3 or 58c per serve
- A pint of half and half is $1.49 and half was used or 37c per serve
- Add 5c for seasoning.
Tonight’s dinner cost $3.96 per serve. The squash, bacon and cheese is an excellent combination.