For variation, and because it was cold, we heated the chicken, then sliced it thinly for the wrap. This worked much better than the larger chunks of chicken we had been working with.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- The roast chicken is $9.99 for the bird, but we used .75 of a breast, or 94c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
Lunch today cost $2.44 per serve.
The Lemon Chicken Orzo soup has been missed during the warmer months, but now the weather is cooling down, it’s a great cool weather meal, that’s quick to prepare, if you use cooked chicken. The recipe makes four serve. Orzo is a small pasta with the size of rice grains.
For the observant, this is basically just a grown up version of chicken noodle soup that we served with a par-baked Roll.
- Carrots cost 25c or 7c per serve
- Celery, thyme, oil and garlic adds 15c per serve
- Chicken broth cost 40c per serve
- The store-bought rotisserie chicken breast is $2.25 each leg and thigh and we used the other 2/3 of a breast, or $1.50 per serve
- The orzo is $1.42 for a 1 lb box, but only half was used for our four serves, or 18c per serve
- Add in 12 c for the other seasonings, etc.
- Six par baked rustic rolls were $3.29 or 55c per serve
Dinner tonight cost $4.07 per serve!