A shopping trip with a side trip to our favorite Mexican place for the first burrito since returning from Australia.
A burrito is $5.50.
Time for another experiment, and an opportunity to use up some of the accumulating Prather Ranch meat in our refrigerator, even though we canceled the December delivery. Tonight we tried a variation on a classic with “ultimate” beef stroganoff with egg noodles.
This variation was pretty good.
- The top sirloin steak from Prather Ranch is almost 13oz for $11.43 or $5.72 per serve
- Chives were $1.29 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Mushrooms were $1.79 or 90c per serve
- The Manish wide noodles were $3.29 but we only used half or 83c per serve
- Chicken stock was $2.00 or 50c per serve
- A packet of frozen pearl onions is $1.69 for a 16oz pack, but we used a quarter, or 21c per serve
- Sour cream cost $3.99 but we used 1/4 on tonight’s meal, or 50c per serve.
- 1 cups dry white wine – about 75c or 38c per serve
- Add 45c per serve for the other condiments.
Dinner tonight cost $9.87, was tasty and very filling.