A repeat of yeros wraps because we had some in the freeze from last year to use.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
Home made pea and ham soup built on home made stock from the bone out of the ham from last weekend. The bone is pressure cooked with some aromatics and water, including a bay leaf because it’s easy to find in the clear stock, but much harder to remove from the resulting soup. Since this stock is destined for the soup, it makes life a little easier.
The soup is prepared by adding split peas to the stock and pressure cooking again. Our innovation is to blend in one pound of fresh (frozen) peas at the end. It lifts the texture and provides a bright note to the flavor. You can see the fresh peas in the photo.
The soup recipe makes six serves. We cubed some left over ham and put it in the bowl, poured soup on top and served with fresh baked bread.
- The $1.00 of stock is split six ways, or 17c per serve
- The pack of split peas was $1.59 or 27c per serve
- The frozen peas is 99c a pack, or 16c per serve
- 4 oz of ham per serve is 50c.
For dinner tonight the soup cost $1.10 per serve with the ham. We chose not to do a roll or bread with the soup as it is very filling on its own.