A large supermarket chicken gives us six serves because we can use just half a breast in two wraps.
- Wholemeal wrap is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- Deli edamame salad was $3.44 or 86c per serve
- The chicken is $9.99. Divided into four portions or $2.50 each, one breast is split into two serves, or $1.25 per serve.
Lunch today was $2.94 per serve.
We chose beef massaman curry for the cold evening, and to use some top sirloin from our Prather Ranch meat bounty! While this would normally be done with stewing meat we sliced the raw beef and gently simmered it to temperature in the curry at the end.
Beef massaman is warming without being too spicy. We use a curry base we buy from Amazon for this simple, quick meal.
- 12.8 oz of aged top sirloin was $11.29 or $5.65 per serve
- The curry is $3.38 per can or $1.69 per serve
- Coconut milk is $1.69 per can or 85c per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- Potato adds 25c per serve
- The bunch of carrots was 89c but we used half in this dish, or 23c per serve.
Dinner tonight was perfect for the weather: delicious and warming but a little expensive at $9.42.