Today we used the second half of the first breast of a large supermarket chicken split across two wraps.
- Wholemeal wrap is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- Deli edamame salad was $3.44 or 86c per serve
- The chicken is $9.99. Divided into four portions or $2.50 each, one breast is split into two serves, or $1.25 per serve.
Lunch today was $2.94 per serve.
Another pair of servings from our home-made pea and ham soup. Once again we cubed some left over ham and put it in the bowl and poured soup on top.
- The $1.00 of stock is split six ways, or 17c per serve
- The pack of split peas was $1.59 or 27c per serve
- The frozen peas is 99c a pack, or 16c per serve
- 4 oz of ham per serve is 50c.
For dinner tonight the soup cost $1.10 per serve with the ham. We chose not to do a roll or bread with the soup as it is very filling on its own.