For lunch today we finished the Quinoa Chowder with the addition of bratwurst and it was the best the soup had tasted. We mostly absorbed the full cost of this soup in other meals.
Lunch today cost less than $4.00.
When we thought about doing meatloaf we were deciding between a meatloaf and the Australian rissole. We decided to do the meatloaf using a traditional rissole recipe, which worked fairly well.
We used half of the Trader Joe’s Kale and Broccoli salad kit, while the ground beef came direct from the farm in our Prather Ranch meat delivery.
- Dry aged 85/15 ground beef $8.69 or $4.35 per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 75c per serve
- A pastured egg is 50c or 25c per serve
- The onion is 6c per serve
- The organic cauliflower gave us three serves for $3.60 and we split one of those serves tonight, or 60c per serve
- The salad kit was $2.49 but we used half, or 63c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $6.64 for some very, very generous meatloaf serves.