Another cold and rainy day pushed us toward something warm for lunch, so we did our version of a quesadilla made with flatbread, and added half a chicken breast to it.
- The chicken breast cost $1.25
- One flatbread (half of two) costs 50c a serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves: 26c
- 2 oz of cheddar split between two is 50c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.51 per serve.
We had Beef Short Ribs remaining from an earlier Prather Ranch delivery and the weather made having an oven on for a long time very attractive.
Once again, we paired them with a goat’s cheese polenta mix and served with steamed sugar snap peas.
- Two pounds of Short Ribs cost $17.03 with bones, or $8.52 per serve
- The 10 grain ‘hot cereal’ is $5.99 for a 25oz pack, but we used about 1/8 or 38c per serve.
- Two carrots cost 61c or 31c per serve
- 4oz of goat’s cheese cost $3.99 or $2.00 a serve
- A cup of red wine costs 80c or 40c per serve – 11.61
- The pancetta is $3.29 for the pack, and we used what was left after the Pea and Ham soup, or $1.10 per serve
- The peas were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve, although we didn’t finish all of them.
Dinner tonight cost $14.21 for a very generous serve.