A nice sunny day before the wind kicked in, so we toasted an onion bagel each, and filled it with avocado, capers and smoked salmon. Delicious.
- An onion bagel is 50c
- Salmon was $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
- The avocado was 35c per serve
- Add 5c for capers.
Lunch today was generous and delicious for $3.90 per serve, but would have been better with a little thinly sliced shallot.
Once again we had Emeril Lagasse’s Stir Fried Beef and Broccoli but sliced up a top sirloin for the beef and used udon noodles. This is a very simple dish, but very tasty. We upped the garlic and ginger in the sauce and replaced the honey with sweet chili sauce. We don’t mind a bit of spicy heat!
- The broccoli florets where $3.49 or $1.75 a serve.
- The top sirloin came from our farm-direct meat delivery for $11.43 or $5.72 per serve.
- The ginger and garlic was 38c or 19c per serve
- The noodles were $1.99 for the pack, or $1.00 per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $8.66 per serve.