For lunch we added a burrito stop to our shopping trip.
Lunch today was $6.00 per serve – a slight increase.
Dinner at home with a friend, so we cooked the cioppino base and then added mussels, scallops and cod for tonight’s meal. They were extracted from the stew and served with a generous amount of the broth. The balance of the broth mix will be used to cook up some more seafood later.
- Olive oil – less than 3c serve
- Fennel bulb at $2 makes for 33c serve
- Onion at 50c makes it 9c a serve
- Four large garlic cloves are about 1/4 of the 50c garlic – 7c serve
- Tomato paste 90c can but only half was used, for 8c serve
- Diced tomatoes in juice – $3.99 or 67c serve
- 1.5 cups dry white wine – about $1 or 16c serve
- 5 cups fish stock $6.20 or $1.03 serve
- 16 oz of White Wine and Garlic Mussels are $4.00 or $1.33 for each very generous serve
- The pack of frozen scallops was $8.99 or $3.00 per serve
- For the firm fleshed fish, Greg used Kroger Wild Caught Pacific Cod. The 40 oz pack costs $16.89 but only 8 oz was used (two filets). $1.69 a serve.
- Served with Simple Truth Ready to bake garlic bread – $3.49 for the loaf . We used about 2/3 for the meal, or 78c per serve
Dinner tonight cost $9.26 a serve with a very generous amount of broth left to cook up the next meal and much more generous servings of mussels, scallop and fish than a more expensive restaurant meal.